Thursday, August 6, 2015

Inspiration defined.

Some find inspiration in art. 
Others from someone they look up to. 
Me? From every thing that makes me feel something. 
Movies that made me cry buckets. 
Books that gave me the feeling of falling in love.
Of being in love. 
Songs that remind me of what has been. 
Bonfires and shooting stars. 
Things that make me feel sad, happy, angry, excited, hopeful, frightened, nocturnal.
Anything that changes the beat of my heart. 
Faster, slower, uneven beats. 
Any thing that lets me escape the dullness of life. 
Like watching the sky change from blue to a multitude of colors when the sun sets. 
Or the way peoples' eyes twinkle as fireworks light the night. 
I'd go from numb and flat to having a mind made of sparkles, 
overflowing with ideas I'd like to turn into reality. 
And maybe that's why I find it hard answering people.
Those who ask what inspires me. 
Not because I don't know. 
But because intangibility can be quite hard to explain and to grasp. 
Something the naked eye couldn't see. 
Our bare hands couldn't feel. 
Still I try. 
Day by day. 
Figuring out that one thing that inspires me the most. 
For now, I flourish on the littlest of things. 
Squeezing inspiration out of the most random ones to the last drop. 
And what inspired me to write this, you might ask? 
Let's just say it was something that made my heart stop for a second...
...and then raced it to a hundred miles per hour the next.